Early Life And Debut
Apurva Agnihotri was born on 2 December 1972 in India. He was interested in acting since his childhood and participated in school plays and dramas. He also did some modelling assignments before making his debut in films. He got his first break in 1997, when he was cast as Rajiv Lal, the NRI son of Amrish Puri, in Subhash Ghai’s musical drama Pardes. The film was a huge hit and Apurva received positive reviews for his performance. He also got nominated for the Best Supporting Actor award at the Zee Cine Awards.
Rise To Fame With Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin
After Pardes, Apurva appeared in several films such as Pyaar Koi Khel Nahin, Krodh, Hum Ho Gaye Aapke, Kasoor and Pyaar Diwana Hota Hai. However, none of them could replicate the success of his debut film. He then shifted his focus to television and got the opportunity to play the lead role of Armaan Suri, a suave and arrogant businessman who falls in love with a plain-looking secretary named Jassi, in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin. The show was a remake of the Colombian telenovela Yo soy Betty, la fea and became a huge hit among the Indian audiences. Apurva’s chemistry with Mona Singh, who played Jassi, was loved by the viewers and critics alike. He won the Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in 2005 for his role.
Other Notable Roles And Shows
After Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, Apurva continued to work in television and played various roles in different genres of shows. Some of his notable shows are:
- Kaajjal: He played Dev Pratapsingh, a rich and arrogant businessman who falls in love with a simple girl named Kaajjal, played by Surveen Chawla.
- Radhaa Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhayengi: He played Dr. Shekhar Kapoor, a kind-hearted doctor who helps Radhaa and her daughters in their struggles.
- Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai: He played Anmol Rajvansh, a widower who marries Ragini, played by Parul Chauhan, to take care of her daughter.
- Aasman Se Aage: He played Dev Chopra, a ruthless reality show producer who exploits the contestants for his own gains.
- Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara: He played Vikram Dhanrajgir, a successful lawyer who is Pankhuri’s uncle and Aditya’s mentor.
- Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh: He played Vikram Ahuja, a politician who falls in love with Shobha, played by Sonali Bendre, a married woman whose husband cheats on her.
- SauBhagyalaxmi: He played Samarth Ranawat, a rich businessman who marries Muskaan, played by Abigail Jain, to save her from her abusive father.
- Meri Durga: He played Coach Bhagat, a former athlete who trains Durga, played by Srishti Jain, to become a runner.
- Bepannaah: He played Rajveer Khanna, an obsessive cop who tries to frame Zoya and Aditya for murder.
- Anupamaa: He played Dr. Advait Khanna, a psychiatrist who helps Anupamaa cope with her divorce.
Web Series And Films
Apart from television shows, Apurva has also ventured into web series and films. He has starred in ALT Balaji’s Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain as Harry Somani, a friend and business partner of Rohit Mehra, played by Ronit Roy. He has also appeared in films such as Dhund, Lakeer and Luv U Soniyo.
Personal Life And Family
Apurva Agnihotri married television actress Shilpa Saklani in 2004. The couple have a daughter named Ishaani, who was born in 2022. They have participated in reality shows such as Nach Baliye, Pati Patni Aur Woh, Bigg Boss 7 and Power Couple. They are one of the most loved and admired couples in the industry.
Apurva Agnihotri is a versatile actor who has proved his mettle in both films and television. He has a loyal fan following and a successful career. He is also a doting husband and a proud father. He is an inspiration for many aspiring actors and a delight for his fans.