Fishbowl parties are a type of party where guests are encouraged to mingle and interact with each other. The name comes from the fact that the party is typically held in a circular room with a large fishbowl in the center. Guests drop their keys into the fishbowl when they arrive, and at some point during the party, the keys are drawn out and the people whose keys are drawn are paired up for a dance, a game, or some other activity.
Fishbowl parties can be a lot of fun, and they’re a great way to meet new people and break the ice. They’re also relatively easy to plan and execute. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps of throwing a fishbowl party, from choosing a location and date to sending out invitations and planning activities.
Choosing a Location and Date:
The first step in planning a fishbowl party is to choose a location and date. The ideal location is a space that is large enough to accommodate your guests and that has a circular layout. This could be a community center, a church hall, or even your own living room if it’s big enough.
As for the date, you’ll want to choose a time when most of your guests will be available. A Friday or Saturday evening is typically a good choice.
Sending Out Invitations:
Once you have a location and date, you can start sending out invitations. Be sure to include all of the important details, such as the date, time, location, and dress code. You may also want to include a brief description of what a fishbowl party is, especially if your guests are not familiar with the concept.
In addition to the fishbowl draw, you’ll also want to plan some other activities for your guests to enjoy. Some popular fishbowl party activities include:
- Dance: Put on some music and let your guests dance the night away. You can even hire a DJ or live band to provide the entertainment.
- Games: There are many different games that can be played at a fishbowl party. Some popular options include charades, karaoke, and board games.
- Icebreakers: If you have a lot of guests who don’t know each other very well, you may want to plan some icebreaker activities to help them get to know each other. Some popular icebreaker activities include two truths and a lie, would you rather, and never have I ever.
Decorations and Food:
You don’t need to go overboard with decorations for a fishbowl party, but you may want to put up some streamers or balloons to create a festive atmosphere. You can also set up a food table with snacks and drinks for your guests.
Tips for Throwing a Successful Fishbowl Party:
Here are a few tips for throwing a successful fishbowl party:
- Have a variety of activities: This will help to keep your guests entertained and prevent them from getting bored.
- Make sure there is enough food and drink: Guests will be hungry and thirsty after dancing and playing games, so make sure there is enough food and drink to go around.
- Encourage your guests to mingle: A fishbowl party is all about interacting with new people, so encourage your guests to mingle and get to know each other. You can do this by planning activities that require guests to work together or by introducing people to each other.
Fishbowl parties are a fun and unique way to celebrate with your friends and family. With a little planning, you can throw a fishbowl party that everyone will enjoy.